At JPC Community Farm we have a range of holiday activities for you to enjoy. Holiday clubs run during the main holiday periods for 4 days a week, where we will help you to deliver skills by making your holidays as exciting and inspirational as we can.
During this summer we ran a ‘summer club’ in conjunction with Catalyst of Stockton on Tees. Due to COVID-19 this had to be carried out by zoom calls and activity packages were delivered to homes in the Tees Valley. Everyone had great fun, culminating with an awards event at the farm
Types of activities
- Sport - Football, basketball, garden games, parachute challenge, cycling, orienteering, Nature trail, walks, sensory garden, Olympic day, pooh sticks, kite making, Yoga, dance, team games (paper tower, chair).
- Gardening – planting seeds, sunflower challenge, pot decorating, making bird feeders, making bird treats (Fat balls), mini garden challenge.
- Food - Sensory food tasting, 5 a day, “fake away” cooking, healthy eating, the eat well plate, Afternoon tea family treat, fibre, bread making, Grilling food – BBQ , Ready steady cook challenge, healthy snacks - picnics.
- Art and craft - Dream catchers. painting, pebble river, Salt dough sculptures, garden ornaments/decorations, wooden animal fence design, weaving, Lego challenge
- Pottery – Start of the mosaic on the wall